Based in Clermiston, Edinburgh. Neils Dog Walking offers a professional dog walking service to clients in the Edinburgh areas of Corstorphine, Craigmount, Carrickknowe, Murrayfield, Barnton, Parkgrove, East Craigs, Gyle, Drumbrae, Davidson Mains, Silverknowes and Clermiston. Doggie day care, and puppy visit services are also available upon request.
I have many years of caring for my own dogs, I have a chocolate labrador (Rolo) of my own who is very sociable. I am here if you need your faithful friend walked whilst you are busy with work or day to day events or just have not got the time, I am here to help you and your dog. Neils Dog Walking is fully insured with Pet Plan, allowing me to walk your dogs in small groups, to allow me to give each dog the care and attention they require.
I walk in dog friendly areas away from busy roads such as Corstorphine Woods, Cramond Beach, Cammo, Blackford Hill and the Pentland Hills Regional Park so we can enjoy our walks in safety and so the dogs can run free (with your permission). We always start and end our walks on the lead walking side by side, as this promotes the group mind set and bonding.
Daily walks are important to keep your dog healthy, as well as happy, and allow them to socialise with other dogs on our walks together.
Before I walk your dog, I will arrange to meet with you, as that will enable me to acquaint myself with all the important characteristics about your faithful friend, and to establish exactly how you wish to use my service including:
- The length of the walk you wish for them to enjoy - normally an hour the time you want them to be taken out - morning or afternoon
- Whether they are to be walked on-lead or off-lead
- At the end of their “full hours” dog walking I will return your faithful friend back home tired and happy, then clean them up and make sure they have fresh water and a healthy treat.
- Puppy visits will last for 30 minutes
- Dog day care, dogs are picked up and join me on my working day. Pick up is at 10am (approx) and join us on 2x1 hour walks, 1st walk in the late morning, 2nd walk in the afternoon. Then dropped off home tired and happy and ready to sleep. Water is provided for a well earned drink throughout the day.
Dogs are picked up and transported safely in my van, and I have a clean driving licence which I have held for over 25 years.
My aim is to provide a personal service to every dog and ensure that he/she get a minimum full hour of exercise each and every time I walk them. Rest assured that your dog will be professionally looked after.
Neils Dog Walking will not accept any dogs who show aggression to humans or other dogs.
I thrive on making progress with the dogs I spend my working day with. I love dogs and love what I do.